Hairy Bikers Skinny Cooking

In our household we LOVE food! and cooking! Hairy bikers always been one of the favourite shows, but every time I saw them smothering something in butter or double cream my heart actually stopped... 

You know whom I'm talking about right? It these guys! I love them:) 
You can really relate to them as chefs, they just so homely!

All this cream and butter lead to health issues I guess, so they did Hairy Dieters book... Hubby said that he wouldn't mind having it... 

So he got himself one and I got him one as a surprise... and ever since then the book has been sitting on the counter... That is until yesterday! I finally cooked!


Mushroom, feta and tomato stuffed peppers... 

And here is the ingredients:

4 sun-dried tomatoes pieces in oil, drained well.
175g chestnut mushrooms
20g blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
50g of dried bread crumbs
chilli flakes
100g feta cheese
2 smallish peppers...

Well I didn't have any hazelnuts and used hand full of pumpkin seeds! Love them! Also how cool is the word pumpkin, just love the sound of it... much more exciting then squash... 

I also had only one pepper, well actually I was the only one who was going to eat them so I only made one pepper. And it was delish!


Basically you need to pan fry the shrooms, I added some Italian herb mix to it. The one I got from the shop. Fried them in some oil, adding chilli flakes and crushed garlic. Mix all the veg in the bowl, and stuff the peppers. Cook in the preheated oven at 200 degrees covered with foil for about 25min then take the foil off and cook for further 10min. 

I am was very pleased with these. You can of course stuff some other veg, we are thinking of going some stuffed courgettes or maybe aubergines... Going to experiment some more and report back! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo