Run or a swim

I do love a race day. You wake up feeling excited put on your kit and see all the loonies fellow runners are eager to stand pinning their bibs and such. 
All very well all very wonderful. But UK weather has other plans... 
I just had to do the Mo running event since it was a 10th anniversary and I am pretty sure I did the very 1st Cardiff event 9 years ago. And it was always my fastest and the funnest race. Some costumes are totally out there! 
I even done this race after the storm and a day before flying out to Russia with a small child. 
But this year it was something else.... 
The rain was cold. The wind was cold. I run in my jacket! That never happened. And at some point I was ankle deep in a puddle... 



Our son’s classmate had a little cry after completing her mini Mo race (1,5k) because her feet were wet and she was cold. I hear you little one I almost went home again. She was very happy once home, just so you know, she has a shiny medal and a fun headband to wear. 
Race was a hard going. I couldn’t feel my feet up to 3 km mark. Puddles!! Mud! You name it. We even came to a stop in the race coz the path was narrow, slippery and it was a lot of us. 


Shoes were caked in mud. 
It was not a PB day. Fair play to the organisers even saying that “be safe it’s not PB conditions” 


But I am happy. 
I did the hardest race weather wise ever. I run as strong as I could! And look almost flying feet photo! 



Now we have our second anniversary edition medal. And it’s so shiny too! 
In the bringing I didn’t want to run on this conditions again so winter warmer was out not looking like something I might do but after running in this rain and the mud and puddles I am pretty sure I can run in the snow now... well maybe not just yet. Give me another year 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies