Special... I couldn’t care less

I didn’t want to listen to pop music anymore. Britney Spears in school uniform was tiring me away from pop and then I heard it.... 
somehow I remember this as t was yesterday. 
I was flicking through my homework books.. with radio Moden from St Petersburg where everything cool happened was on and there was a woman’s voice singing to drums and fun music 
“Do you have an opinion 
A mind of your own? 
I thought your were special...”
I fell in love... with alt rock music with Garbage and Shirley Manson... 
Music exposure or any culture exposure was a bit limited where I come from. 
I remember bying the cassette with pirated compallation of all of garbage. And loving it all. 
I remember seeing the video on MTV when mtv still did videos of “I think I’m paranoid” ... oddly, now it would be a trigger song and will upset folks... 
but last week my teen dream came true.... 
I jumped arms in the air singing on top of my lungs “when I grow up I’ll be stable ... when I grow up I’ll turn the tables “... 
I saw garbage live... 



In Bristol. At the foyer of the stadium. It was an odd location but it had changed the venue I was just so happy to see them. 
Even if I was so tired and actually fell asleep on the way back. And my toes were hurting form standing on tiptoes coz you know short girl problems! 
I am happy. I saw them doing the amazing thing... giving a brilliant speech and know I can definitely do anything because Shirley Manson said so! It was very nice! Even if they didn’t play just hits... but when they did crowd went wild! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies