Last week

All last week we were off school. New class new year well new germs and new bugs. 
I won’t go into detail about what it was about, it was ok and didn’t affect my tiny human much. 
But he really likes school and routine...
 


And on Sunday he had an epic meltdown. Like refusing to go where I told him, running away from me screaming and throwing himself on the ground. 
Moments like this I want to die, it’s hard it’s is so hard. But these are usually moments. This lasted a bit longer then usual... and he twice almost run into the open road, there wasn’t much traffic but my heart did skip a bit as I was gragging him back to the pavement... 

My heart broke my kid wasn’t cooperating. 
I lost my temper when we eventually got home. I yelled and cried at him. He of course wasn’t sure. My hands shook. I felt like a failure. Even now writing this bring tears to my eyes. 
But then I remember... the makaton tutor was staying how everything with kids with speech delay need extra more time extra more effort. 
Well I think he was just upset that he couldn’t get hit way. He was bored of spending my time with only me and well quiet frankly probably too hot. 
And by that same evening I let the situation go. He won’t talk right now and explain what is what and why he is upset. But we can try to give him more time. 
Oh we are now back to school and he is super happy! 

Parenting is a hard work but you if you are struggling, just know that we all are and we all are doing the best we can and we are enough! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies