Pass time.

Since the return of sewing be into my life last summer I was plotting to make stuff… then I was pregnant so it wasn’t ideal time to sew for my self. 

But did make these small shorts for Egg that were way too small. Oh dear. I look at then and see them as a good practice run as I haven’t make anything clothes wise since my mid teens, 

And I made a test run of this McCall pattern. 



It was very uneven top stitching, and it was made out of old bedsheet. And it was too big… 

I have tons of books, magazines and bunch of patterns from these books and magazines, but I felt really scared. Scared to cut the fabric, mess up the construction, what if it looks shit?! But none of the fabrics I have were expensive, i sources most of my stash of EBay as some one else’s remnants. Some fabrics are vintage and are well tad old fashioned and are prefect for toiling (test runs)…  



I am hoping to turn this jazzy yellow number into some fun wide trousers… 

I recently purchased yet another bunch of vintage fabrics and haberdashery item bundle. The seller was kind enough to put more things in for me. Big shout out to Jill! 
A chat with a friend prompted me to revisit that pinafore pattern, and after sourcing these on Etsy, dot to dot haberdashery. 



I made a very nice pinafore. Well I think it’s nice. And you cannot say what that fabric was before can you? 






I slightly altered the pattern. As I didn’t want to break the floral pattern of the front or felt confident enough to pattern match, I just cut this on fold. And I have inserted in seam pockets using Tilly and the Buttons free pattern and tutorial on YouTube. That was bit fiddly and I did manage to mess up twice and had to unpick and redo… twice. Because I am silly. 

I also found sewing process itself very relaxing and rewarding. I am currently already masking this dress by Nina Lee that came free in sewing magazine 



But husband mocking my choice of duvet cover… yes I am making it out of duvet cover. So it might be a toile. Or I might just wear it, however the fabric is rather worn. 

I do have many plant for further sewing already. And trying to see with stretch and making more complicated things. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo