Happy mail. Dovetailed London

Just over a week ago post man dropped off the box for me… full of wonder and inspiration. 



As you might already know I have rediscovered my love for sewing. I missed it actually and I found is so incredibly satisfying when garment comes together. And so relaxing quiet down time making things with my hands. 
And as you also might know I love a happy mail in a form of subscription box. 
I was totally influenced by listening to Uncut podcast for makers about the African wax print fabrics and that Ankara appreciation week was coming up it makes my Instagram feed so very colourful and happy… and £25 sounded really good for one meter and two neater fabric, matching thread some lovely sewing things and a sweet treat. 



 I opened it and a big smile appeared on my face. Just look at these prints! So bold bright and somehow life affirming so fabric and sewing g supplies made feel this way who knew! The clips I was thinking of getting anyway. Matching thread is always handy. Piping is something I want to try to do… I feel like they knew my hearts desire. Oh and the tracing wheel, my gran used to have one, very old school one, she also taught me to sew. I had to google how to use it and well it will be extra handy as I have a lot of patterns to trace. 
Maybe however I wished I had 2 meters on the smaller print as fabric with circles on seems just so bold! But I am sure I will find something special or make out of it. 

There was also care instructions and a lovely handwritten note. All feels like small business should made with care and attention and love.

Currently I don’t have a place to sew as we are having a major work done on the house and I cannot wait to get all my things back! And plan and plot and sew things! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies