Side hassle

With pandemic and lockdown looking I have managed to quit my actual work just like a month before the spring/summer lockdown. I just couldn’t anymore. I am not “captain close”, I wasn’ appreciated, especially after we managed to work the entire family so we can both cover the festive season. End of the day it was not worth it... I made new friends and that was nice! 

I had 3 interviews and 2 trial shifts when I got one no and no reply after... because next week lockdown came in effect in Wales. But it’s still a bad form not to talk to your potential employees. And the job I didn’t get the only thing was the issue, that I needed to leave to pick up the child from after school club like twice a week early... shameful really. Oh but never mind. 

I am pregnant now so it worked out I guess... 



Here is me a month ago in preloved outfit. Hawaiian vintage dress form local vintage shop and DKNY jacket form second hand shop in russia. 

The little one is a full time job. His extra needs don’t make it easy to find appropriate child care... but I still needed something. 

I panicked I think when I was choosing a name for my shop. My handle there is like everywhere else very small feet but shop name... is Vintage Hunting By D ... it’s not exactly rolls off the tongue right! Wonder if I can come up with something better ... 



I have a good eye for vintage beauties... so I have started to resell my pre loved finds. 
I love going picking. It’s obviously it is hard with the virus still being a threat. But earlier this month I have managed to find marvellous things ... 



Vintage butter dish! I didn’t know it was a butter dish. I thought I might have been like a candy dish... but in the end of the day one can used stuff however you want right! 



And this bag is also of my most favourite thing I managed to pick this month. It’s handmade, crochet from plastic twine. This peach copper colour is just so gorgeous! 

I sell on Etsy and ship internationally. I m always fascinated when folks form really unexpected places get my stuff. Like I sold a cute bracelet to Sweden and a mid century wall hanging to Israel. Hope the latte arrived safely. 

It’s been a learning curve. I m too lazy to check Royal Mail prices so at the beginning I didn’t get it right. 

My profits aren’t great but they are not bad. 

When I chose things I always go with “do I love it my self?” And sure enough things that I really like sell very quickly! It’s a good mantra to follow I guess. Helps that I have good taste, not to brag like! 

Why vintage you might ask? I don’t like stuff like everyone else have.. it’s boring. Think when you were a student and everyone had the same ikea furniture... oh there is nothing wrong with ikea, most of my big pieces are form there. But I m looking for a preloved alternative! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies