Ratatouille vs actual chef

I think I already spoke a lot about the culture and perception around catering and hospitality in the UK. It is seen as unskilled and cheap yet we all want excellent service and food. Well chef’s job is not only physical and physiologically hard and Ratatouille Colette’s rant describes it very well. At the same time waiter (a good waiter) it is also super hard, talk to customers, give suggestion if needed, make sure everyone is happy with everything including you manager that you have “Up sell” enough ... but yet it is still it’s unskilled. 

My little rant is over I am actually here to tell you why my chef husband hates one of our son’s favourite cartoon. 

With arrivals of Disney + we have watched a lot of Ratatouille a lot. Like a lot. Also the short cartoon is also brilliant. I actually have very fond memories of watching it on the plane back to Russia when British Airways still flew there, when I had choice of what white wine I wanted the Australian or French? Oh I do miss nice flying experience and more or less direct flights .... But I digress. 

So it does actually explain the kitchen structure, the french the traditional way, it’s a nice story. Moral is that extraordinary talent can come from any background... but my hubby truly hates that rat!!

 “He cannot cook, he is a rat!” 
“How on Earth did he make that soup form red into white?! It’s bloody impossible!” 
“He is demeaning my job. I worked really hard to be this good”   

He also never wanted a rat... 



Until we had Elfie! 

I also was surprised that all the cooking equipment was copper. Oh so posh. And then we both were astonished at how clean this kitchen is... well minus the rat infestation of course.... 

Do you have anything that drives you this nuts? 

Well even if he hates the rat Egg loves the rat and even tries to repeat a lot of words from this cartoon. So we love Ratatouille in this house, no matter what dad says! 



And this is our version of Disney’s Remy. We had him before the saw the film... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo