A little better...

A while back I bought these massive bottles of shampoo and conditioner. They were fair trade and organic and smelled delightfully of lavender. 
Then I also had a lush shampoo bar. 
But the big bottles run out and so did the shampoo bar, so I got new shampoo bar and then that run out I discovered that lush didn’t have my favourite New shampoo bar in store due to “problem with an ingredient” I got another one instead that did work as well for me. However before I picked up a solid shampoo I did look at regular shampoos and all I could it plastic plastic plastic, cruelty free but still plastic. However my lovely coworker Chloe did say that some shampoo bottles are made from beach plastics.... I don’t usually have much time to read the labels I just look for absence of palm oil!

Few months ago I wrote about sustainability in fashion and how I feel we don’t really need this much stuff, but making swaps for plastic alternatives seems a very important subject too. 
I’m not going to preach about how plastic is bad, I do hope you already know that. I just wanted to tell you what I did so far and what are my reasons behind that. 
  • I have been brining my own bags when shopping and refusing bags when I can. My massive mama backpack helps with it a lot! And also I don’t have to pay for one every time I go shopping!
  • I got some reusable face cotton circles pads thingies. I got two kinds, one from bigger brand but one from Etsy were so amazing that I m giving some as a gift for Xmas for a mate! 


  • Got different shampoo bar. Still not sure about t but New has been fixed and is back in lush! 


  • Bamboo cotton buds. Don’t think hubby noticed that I have added different ones to his jar of cotton buds. They just compost to nothing!
  • And I got reusable sponges for doing dishes! Also from Etsy and they are pretty and very nice to use! 
I am still using the stuff I got, I still have some refusal sponges and will not be swapping my electric toothbrush for anything, I just made small changes to my lifestyle and it makes me feel great! Also supported some small businesses!

 I also went on charity shopping trip and got some excellent clothes for not that much money.



Look at this awesome jumper! So glad I didn’t get it last year from H&M after all. It’s parctially new and for a fraction of the price. And the money went to a good cause!
I am also toying with idea of waste free period but that is a bit scary. Hello, did you know I like to over share?
I might replace more stuff around the house, but we have perfectly good stuff even if it is pastic I am not going to chuck it out to replace with the same thing. 
I was going to get the bamboo toothbrush for the little guy but he came home from school with new toothbrush and toothpaste. So I have no reason to do so until he has that one. 
It is all about making better decisions I guess and also try and error! And in a way it’s like a treasure hunt, with a lot of reading! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies