My favourite pasta dish! Ever!!

I just love Putanessca.... and it's so easy to make. Takes just few mins of your time, and if I can do it, you can do it!! 


So first of all fun fact, Putanessca means prostitute in Italian. So we will be learning a prostitute pasta. The ingredients can be found in average Italian fridge and they cheap and cooking legend has it that ladies of the night used to have it before going out because it is rather nutritious. 

So here is what you will need for the sauce

Anchovies (I normally put 2 little filets in, or more if you want more flavour)
Black olives (take the stone out, or get pitted, chopped) Apparently however the ones with stones in are more flavoursome, but hey I get like a medium size jar for only 59p.. don't judge me.
Garlic (I love garlic, so I used two cloves just for me) minced
Capers (brine-y goodness)
Tomatoes (cherry, plum, or whatever, it's rustic, and besides we don't know what that prostitute has in her fridge)
Chilli Flakes (gives that heat to the dish)

Now while your pasta is boiling away, heat the oil in the pad, add some chilli. Then chuck the garlic and anchovies, stir stir and stir. When the anchovies started to dissolve add the rest of the ingredients. Hand full really depending on what you want to it to be. I personally love it with more capers and more tomatoes. It is all sizzling and merging together making a dry-ish pasta sauce, add a bit of liquid from your boiling pasta into the pan, but no too much. Drain the pasta, al dente if you can. It supposed to be better for digestion, another fun fact! Toss it throw the sauce.... Add some cheese... and ....


Enjoy!!! 


Here I used left over pasta shapes.... And this is my comfort food that you can make in minutes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo