Film vs tv shows

Every year I get a new diary/calendar and at the back I like to write down films/shows/books I watched and read or audiobook. 




And last year I noticed that I watched a lot more shows rather than films. Back in the day when I had a memberships  card to the Cineworld I watch a lot and very different films… now films feel like an effort. And if the end what if you don’t like it? And you have wasted a perfectly good evening. And with series you can (well most of us) dip in and out as we please and even abandon them all together. I only finished true blood recently same with lost girl, they weren’t available on streaming services I had and I lost interest for a bit too… but I gave up on game of thrones and Big Bang theory all together. 

Well not only that but tv shows quality is so good! Take Witcher for example? Great. I vaguely remember polish version form 80-90s it was not that this good! Or wheel of time which I have started but don’t feel the urge to continue watching…. But it’s like middle earth meats game if thrones and we have a mini films each episodes. Pretty sure there is logical explanation for this but well I enjoy this. Especially if it take me to a different kind of reality and doesn’t take 2 hours to get to the point… 

But I love films. And am trying to do better this year. Like every year. But then I m currently rewatching detective stories set in New Zeland and there was an ad about a show of crime solving nun set rural uk in 50-60s which is right up my street… but I have a list! And don’t judge me I am catching up with some films. And it’s not all the list just give  you an idea… 

-Dune 
-Arrival 
-black widow 
-crazy rich Asians 
-if Beale streets could talk
-it’s a wonderful life (yes I never seen it)

But the list goes on. 

Same with books. With kids getting all my energy and I cannot concentrate on a film somehow… I don’t mind doing things with my hands like crafting (which I also need to do more off) but somehow sitting in from the a screen watching a 2hr movie seems lazy and wasteful. But that’s another issue all together. 

Oh as for books I only have ones I want to read and haven’t read in the house. Few of them have book marks in them. And this will not come as a surprise but quiet a lot of them are who done it stories. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies