Getting back to sewing. What I learned

When I was little my grand and my aunt taught me how to sew, embroider, crochet and knit. I was always drawing or glueing something, later on the same aunt was gifting me amazing craft books, so I can make my own jewellery and basics of macrame, for friendship bracelets. 
Later in my teens I made my self skits and bags. But then I stopped. I moved to different country and never had my stash or spare money to get stuff... so it took a while to get back into making. 
I was sewing here and there, eye masks mainly. But I haven’t made anything clothes wise in over 10 years...
So I have made a trial run pinafore out of the old bed sheet I was going to buy a nicer fabric to made it but then I have discovered I have a bun in the oven! 




And then I made Adam shorts... (fibre mood magazine do give them a Google’s and a purchase!)

Turns out I m rubbish at cutting out! Also it didn’t help that’s I was reusing old jeans... then I didn’t transfer all the notches and markings but for the 1st try it turned out rather cute! But such a hard work especially with waistband! 




So I am still a very impatient, not precise maker and rather “whinging it” as usual .. I hurry and I seemed to know everything, which I don’t but I am having a go, I think this is important to have a go anyway. But with not good fabric! And my top stitching isn’t too bad, it’s not good but it’s not bad either! 
I will be attempting to make them again but longer. As much as wee man doesn’t care, I think they are alright for the house and dig in the garden rather that going out! 

I actually made a little list of thing I want to sew... but all the thing are changing body friendly! 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo