Plastic-less

So there is no such thing as absolute zero waste, but as that meme-Inspo quote said “we don’t need 100 people doing zero waste perfectly we need 1000s people doing it imperfectly” so yeah I m with latter. 

However after I came back from Russia I felt a bit in the “rut”about my waste and such. All the cereal bars we consume .... 

But then I saw the ad in instagram about the reusable pods for my Nesspresso machine. I thought to my self, oh that’s great will save me money in pod and well all the packaging from the landfill or their recycling scheme, which is actually not clear where the pods go... and then I found my French press. Almost hit myself on the head with realisation that I don’t need that new shiny reusable pods, that would take space, money and who know what the packaging will be like! I still use my pods and things but I can tell you that I use less. And I didn’t have to spend more cash on the substitute for something I already had a substitute for. So not only reduce but also refuse! And I think local market sells coffee without that container! Supporting local business too!  

I also used up all my old razor things and purchased this one



It is a bit trickier to use but hey same smooth legs and with no plastic! 

I guess it is baby steps, but it is better than not doing anything at all. 

We also procured some metal straws that my little man is obsessed with. Not just for hydration but also for fun  play in that bath. He blows bubbles and squirts water with it! 

I can also tell you about recycle moment in these few weeks. I had some second jeans that I have tired into shots over summer, but I did keep the off cuts. And well I have turned these into a purse for work! 



The tassel was super impractical and came off during my 1st shift using it and well it is a bit wobbly since I didn’t actually put the zip into anything since I was about 15 but it’s perfectly functional. Next time I will make a neater one.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies