Marigolds everywhere

As you are already aware I am a big animation fan. Sometimes because I have to sometimes because I want to. So Rhian and I went to dinner drink and movie, which was the Pixar’s new offering Coco. 


When it was 1st announced I had very mixed feelings, music and day of the dead we had it before in glorious Book of Life! Then I came across the tweet from Guillermo Del Toro saying that any film about Mexican culture is an excellent new addition to he world. Well so true! 
I believe that at Pixar after making Coco they started celebrate day of the dead. Which is frankly the holiday we all should have. You set up the photos of you deseased relatives and their favoured food, maybe their favourite things and objects. (That’s what I gathered) 
There were a lot of wonderful songs and very funny jokes! I especially loved Frida jokes. 

This film was also very emotional. We are yet to see Good dinosaur, it’s seems a bit pants, and only seen Cars 3 once, it made me think of how I cried at inside out. Here is the same. You die once again when people who remembered you are no longer and the super emotional moment when we know and finally caught up, I just sat in the dark and let the tears run down my face. It was truly a great film! 
As for comparison to Book of life, well they are both very good films on the same day. 


And now I want everything Mexican and Frida in my house. Mind you I always gravitated towards folk and traditional design... but now I also want to have marigolds around me at all times! 
And it also made me think about how families are always different and have their own quirks... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies