Toy overload. Parenting hack.




We are the only one with a child so we get a lot of toys given. And it is wonderful, however...
  • Toys took over our living space
  • Egg didn't show any interest in any
  • Mess was everywhere
  • Noisy toys are the worst!
  • All the storage is for toys 
  • Egg empties everything 
This has to stop! But how to you tell people that enough of toys please and do not sound like an ungrateful SOB? Well for Christmas we set the limit that if you are getting Egg a toy get just one.
Yeah that worked.... I suppose grand parents are here to spoil! But we also got a lot of book, and this is actually super awesome! Thank you great grand mama aka Snowy. 
So after spending yet another evening mainly putting the toys away I have decided to sort and hide. So I put away all the little toys and ones he hasn't really play with since being a little baba. 
Then I put all the wooden blocks, wooden cars, wooden train track together and took it to the spare room. Same happened to noisy toys... now I have to say these were hidden very fast and pretty much aren't coming back in batches. Some toys were just put together coz I couldn't categorize them... and the abundance of soft toys were put into these lovely bags you vacuum the air out of. He just isn't into them. I mean I have left some around, like talking Rock, Elmo and a rattly caterpillar we got from the monthly box
We had wooden toys out for a while so I finally took them away and left the school bus and Twirlywoos... 
The child played with them for 40min in the morning. 
And later refused to go out since he was busy playing 

 

So here we have a happy boy about to make a ramp out of the sofa's cushion... 
Well he is happy and it's less to tidy after. I call it a win win situation! 
I understand that it might not work for everyone, we are lucky enough to have space to hide this hoard of toys. 
One of my mates from high school actually was giving her daughter a box full of certain toys a day to play with. Same result! 
I am actually amazed and a bit proud of this post, a parenting hack! Who would have thought I would be doing this! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo