Trip to Grey Capital...

Perks of working for a large hotel chain is that you can stay somewhere nice for cheap!:) Yay!

We stayed in lovely 4* in Kensington area of London. 


Shame about the weather really, our event we went to was in Kensington Roof Gardens

One amazing location.... Really really stunning, but rain and cold and wind really interfere with the party.... 

But first things first... I went to V&A. I like taking bump into museums, makes me feel all super mummy worried about eduction of my mini me from the very start... or, some of you might think I'm just crazy!



 One of few things I miss about living in London is the museums!! 

Main reason to go to V&A was to see The Glamour Of Italian Fashion exhibit.... Many reasons to see that, Elizabeth Taylor jewels from Bvlgari, Gucci vintage, Italian Glamour.... My friend Olga who is currently lives in Milano says that Italians are just so pro fashion and so much glamour in them. Unlike when we shared a flat in East London, I dressed like... well I still dress a bit like a "rock chick" with some crazy thrown in. I prefer laid back cool of UK so I was nice to see something more rich more sophisticated... 

Shame you were not allowed to take pictures... Oh! Everything was so divine, original Pucci designs with their signature swirls, Vespa bikes, some exquisite tailoring, vintage Gucci (now that made me wonder about my vintage Gucci handbag), Liz Taylor's Emerald set was just so... shiny! Fun Prada outfits... I tell you that it was totally worth paying for a ticket to see that. 

I had a lot of time to my self and it seemed like such a shame not to see the rest....




Last sculpture is actually by Rodin. Saw some other of his work, and actually am amazed on how un-proportional some of it is. 



Amazing Dior peice! How stunning is that collar!


And some floating bras!!:) Oh I do like vintage and antique fashion. Just makes me so happy.... and yet sad about the fact that no one wears hats and gloves any more. I want us to be more glam in a way I guess... 

So back to the Roof Gardens... How amazing are these flamingos in Central London?!


Unfortunately  think these guys might have their wings clipped but they seem happy. And truly hope that they are. I guess it is not a bad life, they have all these beautiful gardens and ponds to themselves....




I also was very pleased to see Emma and Eric from Bath site. They were so much fun. Emma seemed to be a big fan of my bump:) And yes hubby looks rather tipsy... Well he was:) 
Everyone seem to have fun, but I guess I overdid it again... As Stephen says I should really chill down a bit and stop doing as much as I used to... Big bump is taking a lot of energy out of me...
But fun been had and next day we were on our way home to Midlands.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies