Sleep training...

We love our boy just too much... And we don't want him to cry at night so we always picked him up and cuddle him. So he won't go to sleep by himself ever. We had a brief moment in time when he did fell asleep by himself but he was just a small baby then. 
And he also migrated into our bed. I guess with the moving we did in his first year of life it might be very complicated to  get used to one bedroom. 
It is nice to have your baby next to you sleeping and hugging but not all the time and not when this baby takes all the space and also like to kick and pull your hair... Enough was enough and besides he is a big boy (relatively) right now so we have decieded to finally move him into his own room and to try to sleep train.... 


We have been doing if for about a week now... Edgar will have a bath, we get ready for bed and read him a story. They he would go into his cot with a bottle and  we will leave the room... And few minutes later he will be sound asleep. It is freaking Magic! I love this! My life is much easier now..



But it was super hard to start. Our big man enjoyed stuffing his fingers into his mouth and making himself sick in protest. We were with him the 1st night and I found all the yelling so hard that I had to leave the room and second I did it Edgar was covered in sick and husband shouted for help. First night he didn't want to give up and I felt very evil for not soothing him so he ended up in our bed from about 4am and slept till 7am. Now that doesn't happen very often. 


I of course felt guilty for putting all of us throw this horrid cry and yell a night before and in a way it was all for nothing that I gave in and took him in... However I felt it was still an achievement that he put himself to sleep. 
In a day I had yet another challenge on my hands-nap time! Oh this was hard. After I moved his bed so he cannot pull the curtains and look out of the window he complained at me for about 5-10mins and went to sleep. 
Little bed moved to the wall next to the mantel. Well you can't see and old Victorian fireplace but we have a shelf for big man where he can get his bottles of milk or water when he wants to.
Night time is now great. He just might need a change of nappy but otherwise he is fairly indipendant getting his own drinks and such. 
We still struggle with naps but it is still early days. I still sit with him in a day till he falls asleep and sometimes he ends up in our bed. Edgar still doesn't quiet know what is a blanket for so he gets chilly at times and needs to be swaddled. But now he always wakes up happy and according to the husband I "look more human" and I don't need to nap anymore!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo