Daria and the stitches… fail!

Oh I feel so poo… 

I had this grand plan on making my own clothes from vintage and second hand fabrics…. 

Well anyway back in August I cut out the pattern from simply sewing magazine of Aisling Blouse by Jennifer Lauren. But it just sat there. Well we didn’t have house back together and well with all the building work it’s surprising  it’s going as well as it is! 




But I digress…. So I have started just to realise that I didn’t cut the second piece of the collar and didn’t do interfacing. 

And as I was fusing the fabric I realised that I seems the make the seem allowance… free patterns in magazines are great but they have so little details and for inexperienced sewers like me it’s proving to be a bit difficult! 

Anywho I struggled with collar and facings but I did fix and redid it again! Collar looks sharp but the top itself is way too small. And I have no idea what happened. 




Or maybe it’s because I had to adjust the darts on the fabric…but then how else would you adjust the darts….  I am sure I will figure out or maybe the sewing community will tell me what happened. 

Well anyway I am annoyed and upset at the same time. Strange feeling. Annoyed with myself for making a mistake. Upset that result isn’t what I have imagined. Argh! 

I will try it on the friend see if it fits her then I will finish it. Or maybe I should just finish it and will be better at that pattern… well but at the movement I need a little sewing win. So I am going to mend my big boys joggers and shorted the vintage Liberty skirt I scored on vinted. 

But form the old post about the pinafores dress from an old curtain…. I did make the bodice of the dress. But husband kept on mocking me that I am making clothes out of bedding and we had to pack the house away for builders to do their thing… it’s a toile now! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies