Second hand Sept. 2021

So September is here. If you in UK you know the smallish heatwave also is here… no cozy jumper weather yet.
But second hand September is here the challenge set by oxfam, think second year running. 
And I am in again. Originally I was going to post daily pictures and do like weekly reports but life gets in way and house still is the building site… but I have few photos so far. 



I picked up this dress few years ago but it’s like a massive moo moo style thing but cinched in at the waist with a belt (much loved and much worn, not second hand but over 5 years old) and I think I look nice! Baby G wears second hand too, outfit was bought on vinted as someone unwanted baby gift and his big brother’s cardigan made by Grammie over 6 years ago. 


(Skirt vintage Ebay find, jacket DKNY second hand shop in Russia, tee old fast fashion)


(Dress. Wore it before pregnancy and during pregnancy. Top shop form charity shop)



Now … I take gamble when sourcing second hand shoes on eBay. My feet are small but wide (cheers kids) so it can be hit and miss but these almost new Ecco’s are so comfy! And fraction of actual price! 

So here is the thing, why are we totally ok getting pre loved baby clothes, hand-me-down and ever from charity shops and now ok to source for ourselves the same way!? I love that since the lockdown there was an increase in second hand fashion and sales. Placed like Depop, Etsy, eBay, Vinted are full of sellers and buyers. I also love to see young people looking for preloaded treasures… but before you shop remember to that most sustainable outfit is in your own wardrobe and “shop” there 1st. 

Personally I think I have everything I need. I need some pj and knickers but these I will not get pre-loved for obvious reasons. 

However you might have noticed that I am very into sewing at the moment. Even if my sewing corner isn’t accessible… Well, I have been sourcing fabric from EBay remnants, off cuts and vintage. In this case is this definitely some ones trash is my treasure. And it is not as scary to cut into that kind of fabric. And boy I have a lot of projects in my mind but doing them in another thing… but I find sewing and constructing very relaxing. And I really need this time in my life. 



Like look at this joyful haul! I know what this light blue fabric will be, sadly the nautical one is really small think I will make sun hats, but still not sure what to do with black patterned one and the nude one… 



And then there’s this crazy wild Lycra. I want cycling shorts. But I m a bit scare of stretch fabrics … will start with something less challenging.   

So going back to second hand September I once again urge you friends to think before you shop and make good choices! And save you money for things that matter more, like lovely dinners with friends, holidays, gigs… 

Read more on fashion revolution website ,good on you, oxfam…  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo