Eco friendly pregnancy and baby. How I got along

I really embraced second hand fashion last year. Especially since my body went thought this incredible change of growing the baby so it seems somehow wasteful to get new clothes just for a short period of time... 



How cute is this Zara dress I picked up from my favourite charity shop for like £3.50 Draped nicely over the bump and will be great when I will stop wearing just comfies! 









I kept most of my maternity clothes from when I was pregnant with Edgar, like that strippy dress. Which is actually not maternity but just fits nicely over the bump. And some of my not bump clothes just stretched, like that blue dress or embroidered shirt. I did buy a preloved bundle of maternity jeans and shorted them and wore and wore them. I still do as my regular stuff is till up in the attic. So all and all I did buy some pants, well bump was very big and my regular undies were so uncomfortable... also 2 pairs of breastfeeding pjs, and a coat. The coat I am still wearing as it “grows” with the bump and goes to regular size. I did think of giving the coat to my mum after the baby but I think I will be keeping this one. It’s like a duvet style and so warm! Also I borrowed a log of hubby’s pjs and actually currently still wear these around the house. 

But I do think I looked cute with all my maternity outfits! And they can also be regular outfits. And I will continue sourcing my clothes second hand when I can. 

As for baby G being eco conscious... well I only got new set of 6 onesies, organic cotton too. Very happy with organic cotton being embraced by lots of high street! And I scored a lot of things preloved on many thrifting adventures over autumn....




Babies grow up so quickly so there are much hardly used stuff out there. And I got really lucky good few times and we had a lot of E’s old stuff. 

And we since we are currently at home we use reusable wipes form Cheeky Wipes. I mean I couldn’t have done them myself but I took the hassle out of it. But basically these are flannels per-soaked in water and essential oil! Work like a charm! 

There are also some cloth nappies are waiting to be grown into. So for now it is regular nappies. 

Oh and I have managed with breastfeeding, so no formula. So no waste. And I have washable breast pads!  

Do what I can and when I can... it’s not a bad start right. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo