SEN Special Educational Needs

So I have never actually wrote about this ... not saying exactly what it is and how is it... and well it’s not easy. 
About 2 years ago on a nice summer day we have been told, that my partner suspected and what I was in denial about that our little one has autism. 

Everyone experiencing autism differently, and it is different for everyone. Spectrum is wide. Some have extra gifts like music or math, some cannot stand certain things, like wearing certain fabrics or maybe loud noises.... some like Egg don’t really speak. 



There is no cure and it’s is not a disease... 

There is a lot of learning and understanding to do. We are all getting better at this. Some days are great others not so much. 

But he is a loving happy boy. He is now trying to talk and learns new things everyday... 

My hubby is excellent at finding all these incredible audiobooks, can’t quiet read about it, on the subject. The best discovery so far was The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida translated by Keiko Yoshida and David Mitchell (who are parents to a child with autism too). It is written by an autistic persons, answers all these questions they can’t answer, why they jump, why they loud, why the buttons must be done up all the way... my mind was positively blown. And I have better understanding of my own child. I cannot recommend this book enough. 

And by the way I cried while I wrote this... partially due to regular extra worried emotions and some due to hormones of 35 week pregnancy. We actually really hoping when new one will be learning to speak the big one will pick up taking too.... provided the littler one won’t have same issues.... 

Anyway. That’s all I can say for now. I would gladly talk more and listen too. Do get in touch if you like. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo