Second hand September with a bump

If you are following me on social media you might already know that I am growing a human again... It’s a boy again. Means less new clothes! 
But maternity clothes and my 5 foot self do not get along well. I am just the wrong height and it seems so wasteful to buy clothes for just a period of time... and it’s different season baby, so most of things that I have from my 1st pregnancy just too cold. And a bit small! 

But ... 


 
Again very lucky that some of my actual clothes allow for a bump. And eBay to the rescue! It doesn’t need to cost arm and a leg to be comfortable and cute. I managed to find a bundle of maternity clothes (3 jeans, 3 trousers and a skirt) for like £10.05 with delivery. I just had to shorten some of the trousers. Not all of these fit but I am going to pass them on!
And quiet a bit of my clothes are preloved anyway. Like this dress above! 



And here are some of these jeans. The top is M&S bigger than my regular size and it was £3.99 from my favourite charity shop. In colder months I m planning to wear long sleeve top underneath and a cardigan. 

Have you seen the good on you app? It does the hard work for you and gives you an idea of how sustainable brands are. Have you seen fashion revolution? Charity shops cannot process all the clothes that are donated, the most shops don’t resell all the online returns... and have you ever think about people who make your clothes? And did you know that amount of water takes to make new pair of jeans can last one person for 16 years?! How crazy is that! 

But then I also understand that I am a standard size, that I have ability to chose how I shop.

I understand my privilege... and again to quote Good on you app (insta feed) “we don’t need hand full people doing slow fashion perfectly we need millions of people doing it imperfectly!”  Or say no to yet another top you will wear once! 

Like I won’t buy second hand underwear, I had to get maternity tights the other day. And clothes for my big boy, most of them are new... but I did score at charity shops today! I got him 3 pairs is jeans a almost new welsh rugby top (to grow into) and nice bunch of baby clothes. Just check these out! 



Most of them look good as new and they were from an expensive high street shop but I paid like £5 for everything on this photo. So preloved not only good for planet but also good for bank balance! 



And check out this cute nursing dress! Found purely by accident on the dress rack in another shop. I don’t think they knew what it was. But I did! It’s another reason I enjoy looking for preloved things, you never know what you might find. Maybe it’s treasure or maybe it’s just an kids book about pirates! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies