Small

City centre of Cardiff is full of chains... restaurants, shops and rarely you see the independent business. But they will have the nicer space, more unique stuff and well will be like home. But it will be a little more expensive. But with your money you will be paying for a family holiday or a ballet class... 
Depends on where you are in the world these businesses wary. But there are online spaces with makers, vintage dealers. 
So I try to do my bit. It’s not always I can afford to shop independent but I try. 
When the quarantine hit, I realised I am out of craft supply and the famous river named retailer was out too. Down I went to my little local kid shop Honeycomb, I got art supplies, few creative toys that the child loves 



And well I couldn’t be happier. Later I also bought another toy from there and the owner delivered it to my door. How great is that! Save time for postie and personal service. And lower carbon emission. 

Then some of these small businesses are zero waste. I have been buying my bamboo cotton buds (for ears and makeup) from Etsy store based in Wales for a while now. And this time I got a little note on the box 



And a sample of their other product, the solid shampoo. It’s smells minty and washed my hair well!
Battle Green Box big thank you to you again for amazing stuff. 

And some one just bought from my own Etsy shop. Then she send me the message asking for permission to share the love in the internet. It made me really happy. 
I got to say this Etsy and vintage selling is not easy if you are lazy like me... I really need to concentrate more on it. But I had one thing break in transit and the buyer was really rather rude, or maybe it’s because he is a man. But apart from this, it’s nice when people like the stuff you like! Nice warm fuzzy feeling. 

So once again think before you shop! And stay safe folks. 

P.S. Once I make Instagram handle and list more things in my Etsy store I will share it properly. For now do check it out VintageHuntingByD 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo