Pottery

A while ago my friend and former work colleague said that she has been to a pottery class in my local coffee shop. 
I though I never did ceramics I would love to have a go...



I made a little house-tea light holder. It is wonky. And I really found it challenging. I had to only concentrate on task at hand, it required lost of procedures and well I didn’t enjoy it. So naturally I though I must do this again! 
And sure enough this year the new course was announced and I’m stranding some of the classes. 



Couple of weeks ago the theme was animals. And you know free building was more enjoyable. Or maybe it is because I leaned to be more in the moment and concentrate on just one thing, making this animal. 
Yesterday we were making candles holders... it was a bit different story.... 



These three guys were made using different techniques and well it was super interring to learn how to and what are the differences. I found the building several from several pieces is harder and requires more attention is not my favourite because the result was not immediate it was very satisfying when it all comes together and well free building comes very easy for me. I don’t make the prettiest things but I like to think they are fun! 
Needless to say that I did signed up for next week class too. 
And fun hand building helps to me to unwind and stay positive. I had a bit of stressful week already, I know it is only Wednesday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo