People are funny

I never been to France. But I know a lot about their art, history and so on. A side effect of going to French school back home. 
I still want to go very much but you know life gets on a way, work, little one and not the last the finances. 
I loved Notre Dame De Paris the book by Victor Hugo,  translated into Russian. I don’t think I can master it in French well definitely not now when I am way out of practice. I love the sad love sorry so much that I truly hate Hunchback of Notre Dame by Disney. I hate it very passionately, it’s not kids story why would you do this to it?! But that’s for next time. 
And then was the news. The iconic building on Seine was on fire. 




(Photo by my school friend Elena Gily
I understand it was very traumatic event for Parisians them selves. I guess to see your historic heritage on fire is something you cannot discribe. 



(Photo credit as above)

Just look at it! 

And then news broke that ultra rich people raised over €40 million in a day for repairs... 

I understand it is their money and they can do as they please but.... 

Have you seen Calais? 
Have you seen the homeless on the streets of European cities? 
Displaced people and uncommpanied children? 
How much money was raised for Grenfell tower?! 

This didn’t make me sick but it made me very sad.

I just want to imagine what can this sort of money do. Imagine the difference it can make. 

Is this what patriarchy is? The preservations of symbols and status rather than actually helping the ones who need this?

However I m very happy to discover that most of my friends feel the same about this. So there is hope. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies