Preschool homework

Egg is enjoying preschool, well at lea st we think so. He goes here happy, plays and such. 
We also occasionally getting a homework... it’s not like actual things, but more like bring photos of your pets or make a family tree. 

Family tree is that I want to tell you about. 
I am an only child, but I have a step sister and whole bunch of step family. And I know about my cousins I haven’t seen but I know about them and we are probably friends in internet... not all of them of course. 
However it is a bit of the different story with my hubby’s family. They know each other well most of them but they don’t really keep in touch. And that is cool too. 
But I want Egg to know who his family are... so the big plan is to make a proper family tree one day. But for now I want to tell you about my grand parents and great grand parents... 



Here are my mum’s parents. Sadly they passed away when they were relatively young... but I remember them fondly. Oh yes these are in black and white coz you know everything in Soviet Union was a shade of grey... haha, not really but we didn’t get a colour photos until I was about 2-3. Or maybe it’s just money thing.
So my grad dad didn’t get a proper school education due to the war and being in a very small town in South Ural region. But he went back to school and who was his math’s teacher but my newly qualified grand mother! See a meet cute! 
Another fun story, my parental grand mother was told off for wearing red lipstick by the Party. Yes that one, the communist one! 
Then there are my grand’s parents 


He was an engineer. And during the WWII he was building tanks for the troops. Then after he was more of tracktors than tanks the local authorities had given them a new flat, but my great grandfather said that it should be given to the other worker since he just had a new baby and really need space. At that point their daughters already had their own families. 
And then there is his wife great grandmother Olga. Mother says I look like her 



Well she was yet another amazing character. She was from a wealthy family until the soviets came and took the all. And before she agreed to marry my great grand dad she told him that she won’t work for this government or ever but she will be a homemaker. I remember seeing photos of my great grandfather in shirts that great grandma Olga made and embroidered. So so amazing! Mother says she was truly remarkable sadly they both passed away 3 years before I was born. 
I know about this part of my family really well. What I also know that my grandmother had two sisters and each of them had two children. They all had a boy and a girl. And most of them are alive and well now. And they had their own kids. And now their kids have their own kids. 
I also know that my step dad has a sister who married into a family of three kids too. I met most of them too and been to the wedding of my step cousin in 2013. 

Families are messy but I think it is nice to know who they are and which ones will have your back. Must look into that some more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies