Damn you changing room mirror ...

Most of the time I am happy with my little wobbly bits and silly shortness... and and tiny feet that changed a lot after having a child. Yes my feet are now wide but still 2,5 size UK. So it is extra hard to buy shoes!
I am growing to love myself. I had a little dance around in my underwear the other day thinking that it's not so bad. I got very into sport BC (Before Child) so even if my bits were not skinny, no tigh gap and not a very define waist... well I was happy with how I looked. I was strong!

Look how not big I am... not that I am big now but I was more confident I guess... 

As strength goes I am still very strong. I can very easily carry a wiggle over 15kg child around. I would break some sweat but I will be fine. 




I even came with terms that yes I am a bit bigger now but size is just a number after all and the highstreet shops can't decided on sizing between them so when I am size 10 in one shop in another I would be size 14! What's is this madness... well it's just a number. 
So yesterday I didn't sleep much again due to he offspring having a strange sleeping thing... but it was Monday. It is my only day to myself so I went to roam around high-street shops. Mama's hips and thighs are so in love with each other so they can't stop touching so I need new jeans and new denim shorts... 
So it was good and well ok maybe I have picked up he wrong size after all... but the mirror made me look very very big. I have checked in mirror at home, I was still the same size. Don't know what happened...I got upset. I did actually get a lovely pair of jeans on gap with out trying them on even. And for a tenner ...so I thought I'm good and well and back to normal self.
I even slept longer today. Thank you kid. 
But suddenly... I just feel fat and unfit...
But fine I haven't been doing anything active but chasing the child around and walking with him.... 
Oh and the usual self doubt as a mother. 
So I feel crap! 
But the optimist in me has woke up and said... "D, you are silly! And you need a good sleep. For a month" amazing what lack of sleep does to you. 
I am also going to sing up for a race and get out there... this mama is happy when she runs!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo